Wednesday 17 January 2018

Carrying On: 1500 blogs and counting!


This is my 1500th post on all things Carry On. I can't quite believe I've managed to write and publish so much in a relatively short space of time. What started out as a Twitter account tribute to the late, great Joan Sims in 2014, quickly developed in an all out celebration of the Carry On films and their stars. 

At the end of March 2015 I published blog number one. And nearly three years later I'm still going strong. It's a real labour of love at times, but I love it and I want to Carry On as long as possible. I've indulged my love of writing and my scribblings have travelled all over the world thanks to the internet. I've written loads about my favourite Carry On films and actors, turned the spotlight on some incredibly talented character actors who never really got the credit they were due and had a lot of fun doing it.

Carry On Blogging has been a terrific experience for me personally. Not only have I managed to interview many people connected with my favourite film series, I've actually had the good fortune to meet some of them in the flesh! The blog has also put me in touch with a wide variety of fellow fans and enthusiasts, some of whom have become friends and all of whom I appreciate. Without the support of everyone who reads the blog, it wouldn't still be going strong




So thank you! 

Hopefully I'll make it to 2000 blogs. I've got plenty of ideas for future blogs and I think, enough energy left in the tank. I've got some exciting things planned and I hope some familiar faces you'll all enjoy.

Until then, Carry On!



You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan on Facebook and on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment