Friday 7 July 2017

Carry On Watching Talking Pictures TV!


Finally, finally I have access to Talking Pictures TV. I have been reading about this new station for some time now and been really interested to see the range of classic and rarely seen films they have been showing. The channel has been gradually rolling out around the country and I was very excited to see it pop up on my box!

I have wasted no time in catching up with some films I've either never seen but always wanted to watch or those I just really need to see again. I've already blogged about my first brush with Peter Rogers' 1962 film The Iron Maiden thanks to Talking Pictures however I've now lined up some more classics for future viewing. 


I haven't seen the brilliant heist film Two Way Stretch for many years but with a cast including Peter Sellers, Bernard Cribbins, David Lodge and Wilfrid Hyde-White and a specially filmed introduction from co-star Liz Fraser, I can't wait to see it again! Another rare showing is the 1969 film What's Good for the Goose, rather a departure for its star Norman Wisdom. This film co-stars a young Sally Geeson, a few years before she rose to fame as Sid James' daughter in Bless This House.

Another of Peter Sellers' early 1960s comedy films is also now safely stored for future watching - the superb The Wrong Arm of the Law, co-starring Cribbins again as well as Lionel Jeffries, Davy Kaye and Nanette Newman. Finally, I spotted another rare gem in the listings - Chance of a Lifetime. This 1950 film stars Bernard Miles, Basil Radford and an early film appearance from future Carry On legend, Hattie Jacques. 



Do check out Talking Pictures TV. As you can see they show a wide range of wonderful old films and television that sadly aren't often seen elsewhere. To me they are the kind of films BBC 2 used to show on a rainy Saturday afternoon.


You can find out more about Talking Pictures TV on their website and via Twitter



You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan on Facebook and on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment