Saturday 26 December 2015

Carry On Blogging Christmas Countdown


I hope you have enjoyed my festive Carry On Blogging Christmas Countdown! It was a real trip down memory lane for me to collate all these classic photos from Christmas television specials gone by. 

The Carry On team always rose to the occasion at Christmas time and the four Thames Television specials they made between 1969 and 1973 were all cheap and cheerful but great fun. The kind of spectacle you just don't see these days. 

Of course some of these photos have also come from pantomimes. Nearly every regular member of the Carry On team have made appearances in panto over the years with probably Barbara Windsor being the most prolific. 

I hope you're all having a fantastic Christmas and enjoying a right good old fashioned Carry On!

You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan 

No comments:

Post a Comment