Monday 14 December 2015

Carry On Blogging Christmas Countdown: 14 December



And so, once again December is upon us. This will be my first Christmas at the helm of Carry On Blogging so I wanted to go all out, bringing you a daily dose of festive Carry On cheer each day on the lead up to the 25th. 

So every day I will bring you another cracking Carry On photo with a festive theme. They will probably all be rather naughty, but hopefully all quite nice.

Today I bring you a charming domestic scene from the 1973 Carry On Christmas television special. Christmas in the Stone Age, courtesy of Sid, Joan, Barbara, Kenneth and Bernard! This is prime 1970s Carry On with Talbot Rothwell firing on all cylinders! Joan is the nagging wife, Kenneth the crusty old father in law and somehow Bernard is Sid's son! Sid is all randy and after a piece with buxom Babs. 

I love the way this scene ends. Turning the spotlight on the fact this is being made for commerical television, Sid, with Barbara on his knee looks straight into camera and utters the immortal words "Right, now you've had your first bit, I'm going to have mine!"

They just don't make 'em like that any more!

What a Carry On at Christmas! 




You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan 

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment