Wednesday 22 July 2015

Carry On Fan of the Week: Jon!



I have started a series of blogs which feature, well, some of you! I love interacting with you all on Twitter and Facebook, so I thought I would give you the chance to share your thoughts on the Carry Ons on the blog itself.

Last week Caroline shared some of his answers with us and now it's time to hear from another follower on Twitter. Many thanks to Jon Buckland for taking the time to get in touch!

What was the first Carry On film you ever saw?

Not a 100% sure... I think it was either Cabby, Up the Jungle or Behind. The last two I think were part of a British comedy film season in the 1980s on ITV.


Who is your favourite Carry On actor and why?

Too many to choose from... if I had to make a choice I would have to call it for Sid James.


Who is your favourite Carry On actress and why?

Definitely Joan Sims, series stalwart and portrayed a great range of characters.



Who is your favourite Carry On supporting actor?

Again far too many to choose from I always liked Marianne Stone's scenes.


Have you ever visited any Carry On film locations?

I have been to a few Pinewood events and I worked in Slough a bit last year which had the locations for quite a few of the scenes in the films. I am a keen hiker so I have been up the Watkin's path a couple of times.


Have you ever met any Carry On actors?

Over 40 I think..... including regulars Jim Dale, Barbara Windsor and Jack Douglas.....


Do you have any Carry On memorabilia?

A few things, pride of place is an original poster for Carry On behind signed by Peter Rogers and Liz Fraser.


Finally, what's your all time favourite Carry On film?

Carry on Abroad.




Many thanks once again to Jon for getting in touch. I'm certainly jealous of that signed Carry On poster!


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment