Wednesday 8 July 2015

Carry On Fan of the Week: Ivan!


I have started a series of blogs which feature, well, some of you! I love interacting with you all on Twitter and Facebook, so I thought I would give you the chance to share your thoughts on the Carry Ons on the blog itself. 

This week it's time to hear from Carry On fan, and fellow blogger, Ivan.


What was the first Carry On film you ever saw?

Hard to say, but when I was little I'd always insist on watching one if it was on telly.  I became particularly obsessed with Spying, Screaming and At Your Convenience early on.


Who is your favourite Carry On actor and why?

Charles Hawtrey.  I love those blithe, slightly otherworldly characters he plays.  I'd love to be like that, but in truth I'm probably more Bernard Bresslaw.



Who is your favourite Carry On actress and why?

Joan Sims.  She was probaby the most versatile member of the team, and it's fantastic when they give her something more interesting than the frumps and harridans she got saddled with when she was still comparatively young. Her performance usually makes even those something a bit more special, though.


Who is your favourite Carry On supporting actor?

Patsy Rowlands.  She always gives her all, sometimes much more than her part actually deserves.


Have you ever visited any Carry On film locations?

Not knowingly.


Have you ever met any Carry On actors?

No, but I've been retweeted by Angela Douglas!


Do you have any Carry On memorabilia?

Just the usual books and DVDs, nothing more exciting.


Finally, what's your all time favourite Carry On film?

At Your Convenience.  Those contemporary-set late 60s/early 70s films are the highpoint of the series for me, a fascinating historical snapshot.




Thank you Ivan! You can follow Ivan on Twitter @hellothisisivan and do visit his blogs. He writes on lurid British cinema (Oh I say!) at Jolly Good Babylon and about Doctor Who at Practically Everything My Dear


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.


No comments:

Post a Comment