Wednesday 15 July 2015

Carry On Fan of the Week: Caroline!



I have started a series of blogs which feature, well, some of you! I love interacting with you all on Twitter and Facebook, so I thought I would give you the chance to share your thoughts on the Carry Ons on the blog itself.

Last week Ivan shared some of his answers with us and now it's time to hear from another follower on Twitter. Many thanks to Caroline for taking the time to get in touch!


What was the first Carry On film you ever saw?
Carry On Henry, it cheered me up as I was in bed with chickenpox at the time.

Who is your favourite Carry On actor and why?
Kenneth Williams, he had a real comedic gift, but occasional glimpses of the tortured soul that simmered beneath the surface lent a wonderful complexity to his performances.



Who is your favourite Carry On actress and why?
Hattie Jacques, I particularly love the dynamic between her and Kenneth Williams whenever they appear together.

Who is your favourite Carry On supporting actor?
Terry Scott, he was marvellously droll, even when he was cast as the straight man.

Have you ever visited any Carry On film locations?
Not that I know of, but I grew up in Berkshire where some of the Carry Ons were filmed, so maybe unintentionally.

Have you ever met any Carry On actors?
Unfortunately not.

Do you have any Carry On memorabilia?
No, but would love to own some.

Finally, what's your all time favourite Carry On film?
It has to be Camping, it never fails to make me laugh out loud! 




Thanks again Caroline! You can follow Caroline on Twitter @sketchofthepast

Caroline blogs at A Sketch Of The Past


You can follow me on Twitter @CarryOnJoan and also Facebook

Clicking on the adverts helps to keep this blog going.



No comments:

Post a Comment